Intake and Stabilization Advocate
Type of Position: Full time (40 hours/week)
Some Weekend and/or Evening Hours required
Work Site: NewStory Center Main Office
Supervisor: Program Director
The Intake and Stabilization Advocate provides direct services and high-quality advocacy to survivors seeking services with NewStory Center. These responsibilities will entail crisis management, explanation of NewStory Center services, and case coordination with community referral resources; with a focus on addressing barriers and supporting clients in finding and obtaining safe stable permanent housing. The Intake Specialist works with staff to implement policies and practices which promote the safety and wellbeing of survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, stalking, and human trafficking. All services at NewStory Center are provided with strict adherence to confidentiality. Advocacy provided at NewStory Center is survivor-centered, trauma informed, and empowerment based.
Organizational and Administrative
- Demonstrate the core values of the organization.
- Work with board, staff and volunteers toward a shared goal of ending domestic and sexual violence in Rutland County.
- Serve on organizational teams or committees and participate actively in staff meetings.
- Participate in organizational development activities.
- Represent the organization as needed at events and fundraising activities.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of crisis calls, intakes, stays, Etc.
- Monitor and respond to activity at entry doors
- Maintain small supplemental food pantry for NewStory Center clients
- Coordinate receiving, storage and distribution of donations accepted by NewStory Center
- Answer incoming crisis calls
- Collaborate with community partners to increase client’s access to resources
- Support clients in identifying and achieving their goals
- Support clients in identifying and applying for financial support, and community resources (Reachup, SNAP, Coordinated Entry process)
- Maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
- Complete case notes for accurate client files.
- Work with community agencies to safety plan and coordinate services.
- Be available to be on call sexual assault response and for the crisis hotline (Some Nights and weekends required)
- Work with primary victims to address their children’s individual referral needs
- Provide case management services with the individual and/or family accessing housing resources through NewStory Center.
- Maintain Excel database tracking clients currently housed.
- Minimum 3 years human services experience;
- Orientation to details and proven ability to manage multiple deadlines;
- A demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression work and ending domestic and sexual violence;
- Ability and commitment to work within a team model to achieve organizational goals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Particular focus in OneDrive and Excel
Please submit application and cover letter by email to Jessica Ellis at [email protected]
NewStory Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, or national origin.